Changes in Applying for a Pleasure Craft License

The CPS-ECP Boating Resource

By John Gullick, Manager of Government and Special Programmes

There are Changes in Applying for a Pleasure Craft License

This just came through my e-mail on Friday July 17, 2015. Since I am always getting questions about Pleasure Craft Licensing I thought that I should get this new information out to you as soon as possible.

The following is taken directly from the Transport Canada Marine Safety web site and contains all of the information that you will need to license a pleasure craft or make changes to a Pleasure Craft License, not to be confused with a Pleasure Craft Operator Card, PCOC:

Did you know that any pleasure craft powered by a motor over 10 hp (7.5 kW) must have a valid license? A pleasure craft license allows search and rescue personnel and other agencies to quickly identify your boat in the event of an emergency.

You now…

View original post 627 more words