75 years young!
The Journey Has Begun
May 5, 2013
CPS had its beginning with Windsor Power and Sail Squadron in 1938. Three members of the Windsor Yacht Club (WYC) took the Junior Piloting Course at the Detroit Yacht Club with the Detroit Power Squadron in 1937 (WYC Founded in 1937) and instructed the first course in Windsor at the WYC in 1938. In honour of this 75th milestone in our history, two CPS anniversary flags arrived by boat from the US depicting where we grew from.
The flags were delivered by USPS Chief Commander John Alter and received by CPS Chief Commander Richard Bee on May 5th at WYC. They now continue their journey, one West to Vancouver Island, BC and one East to Avalon, Nfld.
The flags will stop in each CPS District and most Squadrons along the way, then return to the CPS Annual General Meeting in Toronto on October…
View original post 63 more words