Dogs and boats, boats and dogs… who knew?!
Do you love to go boating but worry about bringing your pet along for the ride? No worries, bring your best friend along. Below are some tips to make the boat ride a great experience for him and for you.
- Give your dog time to get acquainted with the boat while he is on the trailer or at the dock.
- Keep plenty of water on board to help your dog stay cool and to have for drinking as well.
- Have plenty of old towels aboard to dry off your dog if he goes in the water.
- Make sure there is a shady area on your boat so your dog can get out of the sun and so he can lie down to rest.
- Protect your dog’s feet because dogs absorb heat through the pads on their feet and boat surfaces can get very hot.
- Train your dog to use the…
View original post 105 more words